- Access your accounts through the Board of Public Utilities’ website.
- View and print your payment history.
- View and print past twelve months payments transactions.
- View your usage of electricity and/or water consumption.
- View graph to compare with last year’s consumption.
- Sign up for Automatic Bill Pay.
- Sign up for Budget Billing.
- Sign up for utility services.
- Transfer your utility services.
- Disconnect your utility services.
- Access and download your bill from the Board of Public Utilities.
- Make payments online.
- Contact us.
Committed customer service
As a publicly-owned utility, the Kansas City Board of Public Utilities (BPU) primary mission is to serve its customers and the community. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To keep you informed about your utility, or to answer any questions you might have, we’ve developed newsletters and other materials to do just that. The BPU Connection is mailed to your doorstep twice a year. Need energy saving tips or new ideas on conservation? We’ve got the answers for you.
We’ll help you understand your bill, protect your plumbing, plan routine maintenance on your appliances, be prepared for emergencies, and offer energy and water saving tips for lowering your utility costs.
To help customers better understand fees and charges on their utility bill, BPU recently redesigned the monthly customer statement. This statement illustration will help better define billing items from BPU and the Unified Government, as well as applicable city, state and county taxes included with your monthly bill summary.
To learn more, select a topic and search our Common Questions Library and our Energy Saving Tips for answers, tips and ideas.
Most of the energy conservation actions in our library don’t cost much time, money, or effort – but they can help reduce your energy bills if done consistently over time. Together we can make a difference in the world by using our electrical and water resources wisely.